If animals waste is left untreated, it can cause health issues. The following are examples of diseases that can develop in humans living where animal droppings are present inside the home.
- Hantavirus – Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome-can be a fatal respiratory disease in humans caused by rodents.
- Bubonic Plague–Can be spread by the bite of a rodent infected flea.
- Rat-Bite Fever– RBF is spread by infected rodents or consuming food contaminated by them.
- Histoplasmosis is a respiratory infection caused by breathing in spores of a fungus often found in bird and bat droppings. It can be fatal.
- Candidiasis is a yeast or fungus infection spread by pigeons. The disease affects the skin, the mouth, the respiratory system, the intestines and the urogenital tract, especially the vagina.
- Cryptococcosis is caused by yeast found in the intestinal tract of pigeons and starlings. The illness often begins as a pulmonary disease and may later affect the central nervous system. Since attics, cupolas, ledges, schools, offices, warehouses, mills, barns, park buildings, signs, etc. are typical roosting and nesting sites, the fungus is apt to found in these areas.
- Salmonellosis often occurs as “food poisoning” and can be traced to pigeons, starlings and sparrows. The disease bacteria are found in bird droppings; dust from droppings can be sucked through ventilators and air conditioners, contaminating food and cooking surfaces in restaurants, homes and food processing plants.
- coli. Cattle carry E. coli When birds peck on cow manure, the E. coli go right through the birds into the bird droppings.
- Leptospirosis is transmitted when animal urine comes into contact with open wounds. If left untreated, it can lead to kidney failure or meningitis.
Baylisascaris Procyonis is an intestinal roundworm commonly found in raccoon feces, with wide distribution across North America. The parasite can cause severe human neurological disease if ingested.
Because of these health hazards, it is highly recommended that you do not try to clean up the animal waste yourself. A professional cleanup service like PureOne Services St. Louis has the proper protective gear and equipment to clean it up safely and effectively.
Effective Animal Waste Cleanup Process
When you need an animal waste cleanup service you can trust, call the team at PureOne Services St. Louis. We will dispatch our highly trained cleaning crews that have decontaminated homes from numerous biohazards, including animal waste.
We follow all state and federal protocols regarding the removal of biohazards. We will ensure that the decontaminated area is completely cleaned, sanitized, and restored to a healthy and safe environment.
PureOne Services St. Louis will safely remove all animal feces and urine, as well as any affected materials. If your attic is affected, we removed the soiled insulation, decontaminate the area, and replace the insulation back according to code. We use EPA-approved hospital-grade disinfectants to sanitize your home and make it safe once again.
If you would like more information about our Animal Waste Cleanup services, contact the PureOne Services team today at (314) 916-4481.